Friday 19 July 2024

A Nostalgic Journey To My 1990s Childhood




This is Singapore Sports Council’s Swimming Pool Entry Ticket.


These two tickets take me back to a nostalgic era in the early 1990s.


This is when I often accompanied my father who was on duty in Yan Kit Swimming Complex, Yishun Swimming Complex, and Woodlands Swimming Complex. Besides spending time swimming in the pool, I also liked to sit at the main entrance of the swimming complex and collect these tickets from guests who wanted to enter the pool. Usually, I would collect hundreds of tickets. I used those tickets as materials for writing and drawing.


Tickets like these are no longer used.


Whenever I look at the pictures of these tickets, I remember my childhood. The beautiful atmosphere at the swimming pool back then, where I spent most of my childhood.


I also cannot forget the friends who brightened my days, like Vincent, the son of the canteen operator at Yishun Swimming Complex. Vincent might have forgotten me, but the memories of our childhood together in Yishun never fade from my memory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment