Monday 3 September 2012

Keeping Cats And Fishes

Lucy, the Persian cat

I think I was about at the age of 5 when I developed an interest to play with cats. 

My mother told me that every morning at 7am I found my way down quietly to our home’s void deck at Yishun Avenue 6. There were many cats for me to choose but I took all the cats home. By the end of the day, my mother was the one who brought the cats back down to the void deck. 

Just before my 6th birthday, my father surprised me with a Persian cat which was purchased from Sembawang Shopping Centre.

As time when by, I kept more than one cat. At any one time I could have about 5 different types of cats in the house.

Lucy, the Persian cat


After we moved to Bedok North Street 3, my mother would not have anymore of my 'nonsense'. I guess she was right in her opinion because we lived in a small size flat.

Back in 2000, the idea of keeping cats no longer entered my mind.

As a kid and till today, I liked to keep fishes too. Living in Singapore, we were exposed to the idea of keeping fish in an aquarium. There were tropical shops everywhere, and especially my grandfather - had aquarium full of colorful fishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment