Thursday 27 February 2014

A Past And Forgotten




The last time I went down to Yan Kit Swimming Complex where my father worked from 1977 to 1990, about 20 years ago. 

This morning, I was astounded to the change. It was impossible to get a sense of where I was, because there was nothing left that I recognized. 

The main entrance and changing rooms were still there, but the 3 pools were completely gone. It was filled up and turfed, with a drain running across where the pool was. 

The site will soon be redeveloped as a community sports facility, which will include a multi-purpose playing court, a children's playground and a fitness zones.

Nevertheless, it was indeed a memorable trip 'down memory lane' for me.

Today, Yan Kit Swimming Complex is 'A Past and Forgottten', but I still remember fondly the pools that I used to played in 20 years ago. 

I really miss the place I saw this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment