Thursday 21 December 2023

My Long-Lost Friend (1)

Magic: The Gathering playing card is not just a playing card, but it reminds me of a long-lost friend whom I miss so much to this day. 


This is my heartfelt request for assistance in reconnecting with a dear friend whom I have lost contact with over the years. 


My paths with Hemaraj s/o Barathan diverged after we graduated from Marsiling Primary School in 2000. Hemaraj resided somewhere at Woodlands Avenue 2 (Blks 890s) with his father Uncle Barathan, mother, older sister and younger brother, Sasi. 


During our school days, Hemaraj and I shared a close friendship. After classes, I used to accompany him to Woodlands Swimming Complex, where my father worked, and we would enjoy swimming together. 


Subsequently, we would spend our afternoons at his house, where his mother, a warm and kind lady, would prepare Halal meals for us. I cherish the memories of those days, and I consider myself fortunate to have been treated as part of their family. 


Hemaraj's sister would often join us to ensure we completed our homework and engaged in a bit of revision. 


I would stay at their home until after dinner, and Uncle Barathan, upon returning from work, would generously drive me back to Woodlands Swimming Complex safely with his prime mover. This extended kindness made me feel like a part of their family. 


Now, after 23 years, I find myself yearning to reconnect with this family. Unfortunately, my attempts to locate them have been unsuccessful. If, by any chance, those who read my blog here have information about Hemaraj or his family, I would be immensely grateful for your assistance in facilitating a reunion. 


Reconnecting with Hemaraj and expressing my gratitude to his family would mean a great deal to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment